18 December 2018
TOP 10 FAMILY ACTIVITIES THIS SUMMERby GREAT OCEAN ROAD
Grab the kids and work your way through our Top Ten count-down of summer fun for families on the Great Ocean Road.
10. Go rock pooling to ogle marine life in tiny underwater worlds at Pea Soup, Port Fairy or Soapy Rock, Anglesea.
9. Get on your bikes at Anglesea Bike Park, where adventure’s built for all ages and levels.
8. Pack a picnic and claim an outdoor table near Lorne at Blanket Leaf, Sheoak Picnic Areas or Shelley Beach.
7. Tap into tales of the Shipwreck Coast at Flagstaff Hill’s spectacular sound and light show.
6. Seek out the biggest, juiciest berries ever on a pick-your-own adventure at Penny Royal Raspberry Farm, Berry World or Otway Blueberries.
5. Hire paddleboats or canoes for on-the-water fun on the Anglesea River.
4. Treat your tastebuds to local-made flavours at Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery, Timboon Fine Ice Cream, Apostle Whey Cheese or Poco Artisan Ice Cream.
3. Explore an ancient world of animatronic dinosaurs at Jurassic Creatures.
2. Get amongst the waves together with a family surf lesson on an easy break.
1. Take a magical rainforest treetop walk at Otway Fly Treetop Adventures.
The Great Ocean Road region offers plenty of options for fun with the girls.
THE ROMANTIC ESCAPE
Looking to rekindle or celebrate the romance in your life. Think long strolls on the beach, secluded country cottages and all day breakfast to ensure some serious YOU time.
SEE THE ESSENTIALS
Limited time and looking to tick off a few Must Do's? The essentials itinerary will give you a taste of a little of what makes the Great Ocean Road special.
Spanning South West Victoria from Torquay to the South Australian border, The Great Ocean Road is rich in diversity.
OFF THE BEATEN TRACK
Travel the Great Ocean Road and beyond for one of the world's most scenic coastal drives.
WINTER CURATED CULTURE
Local food and wine, hand selected by passionate food artisans is all part of the Great Ocean Road story.