21 March 2018
HELLO PORT FAIRY!by GREAT OCEAN ROAD
HELLO PORT FAIRY!
Port Fairy, a spot where you can park your car for your entire holiday and walk to the shops, beach, for fish and chips and a fish at the wharf. A special spot for many families with great playgrounds, beaches, cafes and restaurants. Port Fairy has something for every-one.
I share with you my ideal day in Port Fairy -
- Port Fairy Wharf – walk along the historic wharf, breath in the fresh air, check out the catch of the day and admire the beautiful homes. Bring your fishing rod, knitting or a book, take a seat and watch the boats go by.
- Griffiths Island walk – allow 1 hour to walk around Griffiths Island to the lighthouse and spot the wildlife along the way. Be sure to pack your beanie during winter and a hat during summer, but remember to take your camera no matter the season
- Beaches – Port Fairy offers a variety of swimming and surf beaches, or perhaps you fancy a snorkel or stand up paddle? Whatever you desire, Port Fairy will have a beach for you. Check with the local Visitor Information Centre for the one that would be suited to you
- Shops – Port Fairy is renowned for its speciality and boutique shopping. Take your time to wander the local shops, we can guarantee you will not leave empty handed!
- Tower Hill Wildlife Reserve – Pack a picnic or perhaps buy an icecream when you arrive. When you arrive at Tower Hill you will want to stay longer than planned. With a variety of walks, plenty of wildlife to see – you will be left feeling relaxed and revived from the fresh country air.
Do you still have some more time?
- The Giant Yambuk Slide – 15 minutes from Port Fairy, take the challenge and try the Giant Yambuk Slide! A fun activity for young and old!
- Port Fairy to Koroit rail trail – if you packed your bike or walking shoes (or maybe runner shoes!) – enjoy the scenic ride along the rail trail to Koroit. Pack your spare change, enjoy a coffee, cake or perhaps a counter meal at Koroit.
- Port Fairy Golf Club – one of the most renowned golf courses in Australia, get your mates together and have a game.