11 June 2017
Top 8 Taste's of the Great Ocean Roadby GREAT OCEAN ROAD
From ocean fresh seafood and local craft beer to a 5 course degustation using farm gate produce, you'll get a taste for the Great Ocean Road that will beckon you back time and time again checkout our top 8 must do foodie experiences this Winter!
1. Bespoke Harvest located in Forrest quickly becoming foodie heaven with food so fresh its literally picked and put on your plate. Chef Simon Stewart will treat your senses via an ever changing degustation menu. Updated daily depending on what has been foraged or found in the garden.
2. Actually make a weekend of it! Hang out with the local crowd and sample Forrest Brewery's hand crafted beers accompanied with the local brewers board.
3. Who ever said you couldn't get brilliant barista made coffee outside of Melbourne obviously hasn't tried Hello Coffee In Apollo Bay. Its award winning affogato with locally made ice cream is a must stop for any coffee lover.
4. Beer and brownies may not be your first thought when thinking of a Great Ocean Road foodie experience but that's because you haven't tried Great Ocean Road Brewhouses Prickly Moses stout brownie.
5. House made potato gnocchi with spinach and creamy apostle whey bolts bonanza blue cheese sauce.. need we say more.. Forage on the Foreshore serve genuine locally sourced fare. Watch the catch of the day arrive at the jetty from where you sit gazing across Port Campbell Bay.
6. Otway Nourished in the heart of the Otways a cafe, restaurant, museum and shop oozes with Otway charm and has the best home made soup you've ever tasted!
7. Cape Otway Lightstation is known for some of the regions most inspiring stories and scenic views but they also have the best deconstructed Kangaroo pie in the region. Match it with a Prickly Moses spotted ale and you will help raise money to save the tiger quoll from extinction.
8. Warm up by the fire and devour the delights being made in this kitchen also home to Crows Nest Brewery.