NO MORE EXCUSES: WE’VE PLANNED YOUR WINERY WEEKENDby DEBBIE FOWLER
You know that weekend away that you’re forever talking about with your friends, but it just doesn’t seem to get organised?
What if I told you that accommodation, restaurant bookings, weekend nibbles and wine could all be arranged before your arrival? As well as mini bus transport?
AND, that you could stay in a luxurious, Hampton-style renovated historic homestead (sleeps up to 8) with a private solar heated mineral pool just minutes from the surf coast beach?
If your friends love food, wine and the beach, we’ve come up with a 3-day itinerary that bases you in Torquay on the Great Ocean Road and connects you with some of the wineries of the Geelong region.
All you have to do is book and turn up!
DAY 1 – FRIDAY – RELAX WITH LOCAL FOOD AND WINE
- Arrive at The Summer House in Jan Juc just after 2pm
- Relax with a delicious cheese platter and local wine
- Catch the local mini bus to dinner at a pre-selected restaurant (Roku Den, Alisitos or Bird Rock)
- Kick on with drinks and live music at Mr Archer Wine Bar
DAY 2 – SATURDAY – MINI BUS WINE TOUR
- Sleep in and share breakfast hamper goodies at the beach house
- 10am – Andy’s Trails will arrive to take you on a wine tour of the Bellarine Peninsula
- Return to The Summerhouse around 5pm.
- Relax with some takeaway in front of the gas log fire and play some tunes on the bluetooth music system.
DAY 3 – SUNDAY – CONNECT WITH NATURE
- Watch the sunrise over the ocean on the front beach at Torquay before coffee and breakfast at The Salty Dog Cafe (or finish up your breakfast hamper).
- On your way home, make a short detour to one (or more!) of the following wineries around Torquay:
- Kisaan Estate Winery (three minutes out of Barwon Heads)
- Brown Mapgie Winery (Modewarre)
- Dinny Goonan Wines (Winchelsea)
- Bellbrae Winery (live music on a Sunday)
- The Minya Vineyard and Winery (Connewarre)
Remember to tag us!
Around the region
Port Fairy Community House Market
The Port Fairy Community Market at Railway Place is on the second and fourth Saturday of each month and weekly during January.
Mortlake Monthly Market
Pitch yourself in the pretty Market Square in the town centre of Mortlake to enjoy the country ambience as you browse the Mortlake...
Love Winter in Aireys
A coming together of all the wonderful things Aireys Inlet has to offer at the most beautiful time of the year - winter.
Whale Watching in Portland
Spotting one of nature's most magnificent mammals is a truly memorable experience. Make sure you never miss an opportunity at Australia's Whale capital Portland.
Port Fairy Farmers' Market
The Port Fairy Farmers' Market offers fruit, vegetables, flowers, honey, plants, preserves, wine, cheese, cakes, eggs, fudge and more.
Fun with History - 'Port Fairy Historic Wharf Walk'
Join one of our expert guides on our Fun with History 'Historic Wharf Walk' and enjoy a leisurely stroll through the Historic Port...