What could be more enjoyable on romantic getaways in Victoria (Australia) than to cosy up with your special someone looking over a stunning view with the sun setting over the ocean?
For over 100 years, the Great Ocean Road has been the place for couples-time whether they’re just getting to know each other, popping the question on a sand dune at sunrise, or choosing the district to host their wedding and anniversary celebrations. Year-round, the district offers a huge variety of food and drink as well as things to do and places to see on romantic holidays in Victoria.
What to Do on a Romantic Winter Getaway in Victoria
Both our coastline and hinterland bring a special allure during the winter months. You can:
- Take a walk on a secluded beach where you and your partner are the only people making footprints in the sand.
- Keep an eye out for whales breaching as they head from the Antarctic towards their breeding grounds.
- Wander into the national parks hand-in-hand to see forests rich with life and autumn rain-fed, free-flowing rivers.
What to Do on a Romantic Summer Getaway in Victoria
Of course the sand, surf and sun are popular during the summer months. On top of this, our top tips are to:
- Rent a room, an entire house or apartment within walking distance from the ocean and head down for a swim at the top and tail of a quality day.
- Drive into the hinterland to enjoy our spectacular produce from the farm-door.
- Go to the Great Otway National Park at dusk to see fireflies buzzing and glowing in dizzying patterns.
Plan Your Next Romantic Getaway in Victoria (Australia)
Planning your romantic holidays in Victoria is easy on our website. If you’re short on time, our local experts have put together a romantic three-day escape for you. Or, if you’d like to choose your own adventure check out our Insiders Guide. Then, work out where to stay using our extensive list of accommodation.