There are an abundance of family friendly activities along the Great Ocean Road, so if you’re questioning ‘where should I go on a family holiday in Australia?’ Look no further than the towns & villages in this wondrous Victorian region.
Popular Family Holiday Destinations
Read about others’ family holidays along the Great Ocean road by browsing our family holidays blog, and filter stories by certain destinations or activities. Depending on your families interests, there are numerous options as to where is the best place for a family holiday.
5 Recommendations for What is the Best Destination for a Family Holiday
- Torquay which offers numerous beach activities and world class surfing, as well as chocolatier classes and family high tea
- 12 Apostles with a family friendly discovery program, frequent farmers markets and other activities
- The Otways and the Otway Fly Treetop Adventures for kids to explore the forest 30 meters above the ground - and even try the famous zipline tour
- Warrnambool features the famous Lake Pertobe Adventure Playground with giant slides, flying foxes, a maze and boat rides.
- Portland has an educational Maritime Discovery Centre, Vintage Car Museum, and Cable Tram Museum
Find Out What’s On in the Region
Discover other family friendly events and activities by seeing what’s on in the Great Ocean Road Region, including when and where to go.
Get more advice on where to go for your next family holiday by talking to the local experts at the Visitor Information Centres throughout the region.