Want to know where to go camping in Victoria? There is a huge range of caravan, camping and holiday park options to choose from all along the Great Ocean Road, conveniently located near some of the best tourist attractions.
The Great Ocean Road is one of the best places for camping in Victoria. In addition to natural attraction highlights like the 12 Apostles, Bells Beach and the Great Otway National Park, there are some fantastic locally made delights to discover – gourmet food, handcrafted products and plenty of wineries to visit. There is plenty of wildlife to spot like koalas and kangaroos – even whales and glowworms!
Top 10 Camping Spots In Victoria
There are so many camping options to choose from but for the best places for camping in Victoria here are our picks for the top 10 camping spots (in Victoria):
- Aireys Inlet Holiday Park A 90-minute drive from Melbourne and walking distance to beaches, restaurants, art gallery, shops, the pub and gin distillery. The holiday park also has free barbecues, an outdoor pool, campers kitchen, television lounge and children's playground.
- BIG4 Apollo Bay BIG4 membership will give you access to a BIG discount off the entry price into the Otway Fly Treetop walk, the Cape Otway Lightstation, and a discount off the beer paddle at the Great Ocean Road Brewhouse!
- Port Campbell Recreational Reserve Budget camping at its best. A natural bush setting and beautiful views of the Campbell Creek estuary. Facilities include powered & unpowered sites, showers, toilets, laundry, an outdoor camp kitchen featuring a stove, barbecues, USB ports to charge phones and free Wi-Fi. There is also a fenced playground, football oval, cricket pitch and nets.
- NRMA Port Campbell Holiday Park 2.5 hours drive from Melbourne and located close to the main street of Port Campbell. Powered sites or villa, studio and two-bedroom cabin accommodation options available Facilities include camp kitchen, barbecue areas, television and games room, visitor information and free Wi-Fi.
- Port Fairy Glamping Escape Stay in a 5 metre Bell Tent complete with queen bed, quality linen, lights, lamps, rugs and cushions. Walking distance to pristine beaches and Port Fairy CBD.
- Torquay Holiday Park Located at the start of the Great Ocean Road and set in picturesque landscaped gardens. Within walking distance to most beaches in the Torquay area.
- Honu Honi Surf Camp Located 1.5 hours drive from Melbourne and close to Bells Beach. An all-inclusive experience with accommodation, all meals, surf lessons, yoga classes, surf theory, boards & wetsuits all included. Accommodation is in 5-metre bell tents.
- Bimbi Park Camping Under Koalas Located in Cape Otway, sheltered amongst Manna Gum woodland. A wide range of accommodation options available from powered & non-powered campsites, camping pods, on-site vans, bunk rooms and standard & deluxe cabins.
- Torquay Farmstay Studio Truck Located 15 minutes from Torquay at a Biodynamic working farm. Accommodation is architecturally designed ‘tiny homes’ with fully self-contained kitchens & barbecues, compost toilets in the trucks or conventional toilets and showers located just 25 metres away.
- Lorne Foreshore Caravan Park Powered campsites (suitable for caravans, motor homes, vans and tents) and on-site accommodation with beachfront and riverside locations available. Located within a short distance to Lorne's pristine beach, shops, restaurants and cafes. Facilities include barbecue areas, playgrounds, gas, amenity blocks with disabled access, laundries and a camp kitchen (in Erskine River Park).
Ask The Experts About The Best Places For Camping In Victoria
Contact one of our Visitor Information Centres to speak with local experts who will be able to tell you where the best places for camping in Victoria are.