ABOUT THE I AM 100 PROJECT
From 18 September - 6 October, Great Ocean Road Tourism will be hosting a series of events which celebrate the Story of the Road, from past to present, with a mix of film, documentary screenings, pop-up cinemas, art and augmented reality trails along a route from Torquay to Apollo Bay.
Capturing the history of the region and creating a deeper connection for visitors and locals alike, we are encouraging people to stay longer and future generations to better appreciate what the road means to Victoria, and Australia.
Five pop-up cinemas housed in shipping containers will be dropped at prominent locations in Torquay, Anglesea, Lorne, Wye River and Apollo Bay. Each cinema will be screening an 10 minute long localised story of each area and its history. Each container has been transformed into a different 1920's scene e.g. cinema, lounge, speak easy bar etc.
Visitors are encouraged to pre-register to receive priority entry to the cinema, jumping the queue. Non-registered visitors are of course still welcome to enter the cinema but due to limited capacity, may be required to queue.
Each pop up cinema will have 2 attendants.
Guests will be ushered into the container with up to 10 guests at any one time. Each session is approximately 10 minutes.
Following the short film, visitors are encouraged to continue along the road and visit the additional pop-up cinemas.
You will be reporting to directly to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Unlocking pop-up cinema and setting up site ready for opening
- Turning on AV system and ensuring all vision and sound is working correctly
- Welcoming visitors
- Scanning priority ticket holders
- Ushering visitors into pop-up cinema swiftly
- Managing queues
- Communicating with visitors about the event program
- Communicating with visitors about the local area
- Strong communication
- Friendly and confident manner
- Experience with customers
- Basic understanding of AV
- Knowledge of the Great Ocean Road region
- Minimum commitment of 3 days per week
- All staff will be required to attend a briefing on MONDAY 16 SEPTEMBER from 4pm in LORNE.
THIS VOLUNTEER ROLE WOULD SUIT:
- Students studying Tourism or Event Management
- Those looking to advance their career with onsite experience with an event agency and tourism body.
- Engaged community members who are passionate about the region
All staff will receive a Certificate of Participation following the placement as well as a huge thank you!
Those who are based outside of the region may have the opportunity to be provided with accommodation during their placement period dependant on their time commitment.