FIND & FOLLOW THE QR TRAIL
There are 23 new QR codes placed along the Great Ocean Road between Torquay and Apollo Bay for you to discover and enjoy as part of the Stories of the Great Ocean Road Trail.
This fun, integrated Trail combines augmented reality, film and art to tell the story of the road.
I FOUND A QR CODE, NOW WHAT?
For iPhone users
1. Open your camera and point it at the QR code until it registers and prompts you to open a webpage. Tap to open and you're in!
For Android users
1. You will need a QR Reader app. If you don't already have one, search "QR Reader" in Google Play - any free app will do.
2. Once downloaded, open the app and follow the prompts to scan the code. You're ready!
Once you're in, you'll learn of a unique story of the road, discover what's around you - and in some locations, you can enjoy a short video or experience augmented reality, bringing history to life in front of your eyes, just using your mobile phone.
Follow the trail to discover new stories and experiences at each of the QR code locations.
Duck in to your local Visitor Information Centre where a friendly face will give you a hand.
AUGMENTED REALITY EXPERIENCE (AR)
AR is a lot of fun! 10 different locations along the Trail include an AR experience where you can discover stories of the road come to life. This is fun for every age, have a go!
How do I see the AR?
Just scan the QR code at one of the ten locations that also has AR (discover these locations via the Stories of the Great Ocean Road Trail map below) and follow the prompts on your screen to experience the AR come to life in front of you!
What exactly is AR?
AR is an interactive experience that you can see within the real world in front of you - just using your mobile phone. The best way to understand AR is to find a QR code with an AR experience, and have a go!
- Keep your phone pointed at the QR code while it plays
- Make sure your sound is on
- Walk back a couple of metres to get the full experience
- Press the button in bottom middle of your screen to record your AR experience and share it on socials (don't forget to tag @visitgreatoceanroad and use the hashtag #iamwherestoriesunfold)